Making Journeys Safe and Comfortable
Integrated Transport Terminal (TBS), one of Malaysia’s largest transportation hub, utilized state-of-the-art technology to provide the highest level of comfort to all its 52,000 north, south and eastern bound travelers daily.
TBS is designed to handle a 5,000 bus trips a day at maximum capacity, serving 1,000 express buses daily and additionally accommodate up to 2,000 people in its departure halls. With the large number of travelers moving in and out, the architects and project managers have incredibly high standards to achieve the best comfort and safety for its travelers while maintaining an affordable cost of operation.
Here’s why insulation from ROCKWOOL Asia was the preferred choice.
- Helps reduce the heat penetrating through the roof, especially in hot tropical climates
- Provides indoor comfort and energy savings throughout the transportation hub as it operates 24 hours in air-condition environment.
- Gives better protection against noise from traffic and congestion
- Simple and fast installation over large roof span to ensure on time completion
- The product achieves the highest level of fire safety in European Norms Class A (EN13501-1)
“The environment is clean, quiet and cool to give commuters a comfortable and safe journey, which is our priority,” Maju TMAS Sdn Bhd managing director Roslan Shariff.
The station's unique design incorporated large semicircular roof curvature in longitudinal and latitudinal as shelters for platforms and the rest of the building. The need for a roof construction with good thermal resistance and able to achieve STC value of above 40 resulted in the choice of ROCKWOOL ThermalRock B50.
Commuters can have a safe, quiet, cool and comfortable experience as they journey from the different regions of Malaysia and pass through this integrated transportation terminal.
With the large number of travelers moving in and out, the architects and project managers have incredibly high standards to achieve the best comfort and safety for its travelers while maintaining an affordable cost of operation.
The hospitals were custom-built to create a healing environment that promotes rehabilitation and help patients achieve the highest quality of life as possible.