Stone wool properties
Rockwool stone wool products are made from rock and are therefore non-combustible with a melting point above 1000°C. Rockwool insulation does not ignite and does not contribute neither to the development or spread of fire nor the release of toxic gases. In case of fire it can provide the extra minutes to save lifes adn property. Rockwool products are clasified as non-combustible by BS Part 4 and are in class A1 according to EN.
Stone wool insulation helps to maintain comfortable indoor temperature by limiting the heat flow from outside and escapes of cool air. The unique fibrous structure of Rockwool’s stone wool insulation allows thousands of tiny air pockets to be trapped within the product, making it an excellent insulator.
The structure of stone wool fibers allows the product to be an effective noise absorption material for all acoustics applications. The sound absorption performance of the stone wool increases as the material thickness increases.
Rockwool stone wool is water repellent yet vapor permeable. This means that the insulation cannot absorb water so the R-value is not affected. Additionally it is completely resistant to rot, mildew, mold and bacterial growth, contributing to a safer indoor environment.
Rockwool stone wool is very durable and does not lose it's insulation properties over time. When properly installed it maintains it's dimensions even under changing conditions of temperature and humidity. Rockwool stone wool is inorganic and chemically inert, thus it retains its characteristics over time.
Vermin and rot proof
Rockwool stone wool product offers no sustenance to vermin and do not encourage the growth of fungi, moulds or bacteria.
Safe for use
Stone wool is a safe material to work with as well as to use in our homes and buildings. Following explanation is to address any safety concerns you may have.